Scandinavian Biogas News
We work for a better Environment
We keep you updated in the meantime
Q1: Weak result but expected significant price premium with Bio-LNG
Significant events IN THE FIRST QUARTER OF 2022
- Biogas volumes at stable levels, 85.4 (90.4) GWh.
- New long-term objective for 2030 defined – 3 TWh biogas production
- In Sweden, the Stockholm Bio-LNG project and the process of ISCC certification of plants have started.
- In Norway, the Skogn II project is on track and is in an advanced stage of construction.
- Profitability significantly impacted by production subsidy in Sweden not being paid in the first quarter but only from 1 July 2022.
RESULTS FOR FIRST QUARTER OF 2022
- Energy sold decreased by 5.5% to 85.4 (90.4) GWh, due to that the comparative period included revenue of 5,8 GWh of LNG that this quarter was 0.0 Gwh.
- Net sales totalled SEK 92.9 (97.5) million, representing a decrease of 4.7%.
- Total revenue, including capitalised work, decreased by 6.6% and was SEK 98.4 (105.3) million.
- EBITDA was SEK 3.7 (16.9) million.
- Operating EBITDA was SEK 3.7 (16.9) million.
- Operating EBITDA margin was 3.9 (17.0) %.
- Loss after tax was SEK -11.9 (-7.3) million.
- Basic and diluted earnings per share was SEK -0.39 (-0.24).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK -15.4 (-2.4) million.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE PERIOD
- Given recent energy and emission price levels in selected export markets and user segments, Bio-LNG is assumed to have a
50-100 % premium compared to Group´s current CBG prices.
- The Group remains committed to its growth plan and long-term objectives, and will under current circumstances, assess viable financing options including both current growth projects as well as new project opportunities in the pipeline.
- In a press release issued on 11 April, it was reported that profitability in the first quarter of 2022 will be significantly lower than planned.
This disclosure contains information that Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU nr 596/2014). The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, on 28-04-2022 07:30 CET.
For further information, please contact:
Matti Vikkula CEO and President
Mobile +46 (0) 70 597 99 38
E mail matti.vikkula(at)scandinavianbiogas.com
Scandinavian Biogas is a leading Nordic producer of biogas for vehicle fuel and fertilizer. Biogas is CO2-neutral and made from sewage and household, agriculture as well as industrial organic waste. Today Scandinavian Biogas has facilities in Sweden, Norway and Korea. In 2021, the company delivered 366 GWh of energy. Scandinavian Biogas has 100 employees and total net sales of SEK 394 million in 2021. The head office is located in Stockholm and the company is listed on Nasdaq First North. Certified advisor is Erik Penser Bank AB, telephone: +46 (0) 8-463 80 00, certifiedadviser(at)penser.se. www.scandinavianbiogas.com
Q2: Comprehensive agreement for 1 TWh bio-LNG with Alternoil signed, order value of SEK 2.7 billion
Scandinavian Biogas updates financial targets for 2024 and confirms accelerated capacity expansion to reach 3 TWh by 2030
Scandinavian Biogas´report for the second quarter and invitation to a digital conference on the 20[th] of July, 2022
Scandinavian Biogas receives SEK 154 million in investment support from Klimatklivet to build biogas plant in Örkelljunga
Scandinavian Biogas announces SEK 2.7 billion Bio-LNG delivery agreement with leading German LNG distributor Alternoil
Areas of use where biogas is the most sustainable alternative
Bio-LNG production increases yearly over 70 percent in Europe
Report from the Annual General Meeting of Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB (publ)
Q1: Weak result but expected significant price premium with Bio-LNG
Scandinavian Biogas´ report for the first quarter and invitation to a digital conference on the 28[th] of April, 2022
Scandinavian Biogas’ profitability during the first quarter of 2022 is significantly lower than planned
Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International (publ) publishes annual report for 2021
Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International (publ) strengthens Group management
Notice of Annual General Meeting in Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB (Publ)
Year end report 2021 Scandinavian Biogas. New long-term target for 2030, 3 TWh biogas production, mainly Bio-LNG
Scandinavian Biogas defines long term target for 2030 – 3 TWh biogas production, mainly Bio-LNG
Scandinavian Biogas´report for the fourth quarter and invitation to a digital conference on the 17[th] of February, 2022
Scandinavian Biogas strengthens the organization to meet growing demand for liquefied biogas
Scandinavian Biogas invests 300 miljon SEK in northern Europes largest plant for Bio-LNG
Scandinavian Biogas receives SEK 154 million in investment support from Klimatklivet to build biogas plant in Mönsterås
Q3: EU and Sweden make long-term investment in biogas in the transition to a circular economy
Scandinavian Biogas extends agreement with Dutch gas station chain Rolande
Scandinavian Biogas’ report for the third quarter and invitation to a conference meeting on October 29
Implementation of the growth plan continues – SEK 700 M green bond issued
Scandinavian Biogas’ report for the second quarter and invitation to a conference meeting on July 23
Correction: Scandinavian Biogas announces publication of bond prospectus
Scandinavian Biogas announces publication of bond prospectus
Scandinavian Biogas successfully placed SEK 700 m green bonds
The Board appoints members to Audit Committee and Renumeration Committee
Report from the Annual General Meeting of Scandinavian Biogas
Implementation of the growth plan is progressing, Klimatklivet has awarded the Group investment grants of SEK 135 million in Sweden, and the Skogn II project in Norway is launched
Scandinavian Biogas is investing NOK 170 million in the expansion of a facility for liquid biogas in Norwegian Skogn
Scandinavian Biogas evaluates debt financing options
Scandinavian Biogas invites to the AGM presentation and quarterly report presentation on April 29
Scandinavian Biogas has published Annual and Sustainability Report for 2020
Notice of Annual General Meeting in Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB (publ)
Scandinavian Biogas’ Nomination Committee proposes Anders Bengtsson as new Chair and new members of the Board
Scandinavian Biogas receives SEK 135 million in investment grants from Klimatklivet
Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB (publ) Year-end report for the period 1 January – 31 December 2020
Scandinavian Biogas’ report for the fourth quarter and invitation to a conference call on February 18[th]
Nomination committee appointed for the 2021 Annual General Meeting of Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB
Share holder list as per 30.12.2020
Information on the over-allotment option and end of the stabilisation period
Scandinavian Biogas has finalized the acquisition of Ekdalens Biotransporter AB
First Day of trading in Scandinavian Biogas’ dark green shares on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market Stockholm
Scandinavian Biogas carries out a SEK 586 million private placement of dark green shares and publishes a company description in connection with the listing
Report from the Extraordinary General Meeting of Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB (publ)
Scandinavian Biogas intends to carry out a private placement and listing of its dark green shares on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market
Scandinavian Biogas acquires Ekdalens Biotransporter