Scandinavian Biogas Interim Report for the period 1 January – 30 June 2017
EBITDA for second quarter 2017 nearly doubled year-on-year. The Group conducted two share issues and a subsequent bond issue.
Second quarter in brief
- Net sales totalled SEK 65.7 million (61.6.), a 6.6% increase
- EBITDA was SEK +12.2 million (+6.4), a 92.2% improvement
- The Group posted an operating loss of SEK 0.7 million (-5.6)
- The Group posted a loss after tax of SEK 19.5 million (-9.6), the change is mainly attributable to exchange losses
- A directed share issue and a preferential rights issue (17.8% over-subscription) were conducted, representing a gross contribution of SEK 66.6 million
- Subsequent bonds totalling SEK 30 million were issued in June 2017 within the framework of the Company’s outstanding bond loan
First half-year in brief
- The plant at Södertörn was granted a new environmental permit in January, which entitles the facility to receive 260 000 tonnes (previously 50 000 tonnes) of organic waste and produce 20 million Nm3 of biogas
- The evaporation plant at Södertörn was commissioned in March
- Net sales totalled SEK 131.2 million (114.4), a 14.7% increase
- EBITDA was SEK +22.7 million (+13.4), a 70.0% improvement
- The Group posted an operating loss of SEK 3.0 million (-8.7)
- The Group posted a loss after tax of SEK 23.8 million (-21.0), the change is mainly attributable to exchange losses
Significant events after the end of the interim period
- As part of the Group’s strategic plan, the Board of Directors and Group management have begun working on a prospective listing of the Company’s share in a suitable marketplace
The interim report for the second quarter 2017 for Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB (publ) is now available on www.scandinavianbiogas.com.
For further information, contact Matti Vikkula, CEO and president,
+46 70 597 99 38, firstname.lastname@example.org
The information in this press release is such that Scandinavian Biogas Fuels International AB (publ) must disclose in accordance with the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU MAR) No. 596/2014. The information was submitted for publication on August 24, 2017, at 14:00 CET.